November 13, 2012

Soto Family Session :: It Started With a Vision


This was my first time shooting the Soto Family and I was more than excited! I've known Marisa since college but we've become even better friends in the last few years or so. You might remember a mini makeover I helped her with a while back. We talked then about me doing a family session for them but time took over like it always does and we never got around to it. With Christmas (and another baby) rapidly approaching we finally nailed down a date and prayed the weather would cooperate. Marisa had a vision from the start about what she wanted from this photo session...to sum it up in as few words as possible, she wanted "open field" and "sofa." I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit stressed at first because what if MY interpretation of what she wanted didn't match her vision?? I would hate to disappoint a client and a friend! The more I thought about it though the more excited I became because without knowing it, Marisa actually helped me to focus. Knowing she wanted a certain "look" allowed me to think only about that and not about all the millions of other options that run through my head during a shoot. I'm hoping my interpretation of her vision meets her expectations! Here are a few of my favorites from the day:















Soto family, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of such a fun day. I truly enjoyed the challenge and I love that you knew what you wanted from the get go! BIG props to Dean for carrying the sofa (I told you Marisa knew what she wanted...she even brought her own props!) and to Mrs. Emde for helping corral, entertain, and support this adventure.

You can enjoy their full gallery HERE or view the slideshow below:
Mandi