January 19, 2013

Ame & Jon :: Married!

A few days before Thanksgiving I got a call from a groom's mother about shooting a wedding in December. I assumed it was the following December but as we got to talking, it turned out the wedding was in a few weeks! There were some last minute snags which left them without a photographer and I came recommended by a friend. I was excited and nervous at the same time but was really looking forward to shooting my first solo wedding. Yes, that's right, my FIRST wedding as lead shooter!! Yikes. I had shot several weddings as a second so I knew what to expect from a wedding in general but it was time to put my big girl pants on and take charge.


To make things even more interesting, I actually never spoke to the bride until the morning I walked into her hotel room to take her pictures. I had been in contact with the groom (once), his mom, and the bride's aunt. So I was especially nervous. As it turns out, I had nothing to worry about! Ame is by far one of the sweetest people I have ever met! And so is her entire family. They made me feel very comfortable and put me at ease from the second I walked it. In fact, everyone on both sides of the family were all so wonderful to work with. It's not hard to see where Jon and Ame get their good-natured, kind spirits from. 

 

Their love story has been a few years in the making (since high school) and I know it has only gotten stronger with time. With the love and support they have from their wonderful family and friends, I know they will continue their love story for many years to come.

 


Jon & Ame, thank you for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful day. I'm honored to have been chosen to capture your memories. May your story continue for many years to come... 

mandi

No comments: