January 9, 2013

Arellano Girls :: A Christmas Surprise

Our neighbors are cool peeps. We've gotten to know them a lot better in the last year or so and I consider them friends, not just neighbors. They do a lot for us as far as helping out with A when I need to do a shoot or when I was subbing quite a bit or more recently when I have doctor appointments and for that I am SO grateful. For Christmas I wanted to do something special for Martha & Jesse but I wanted it to be a surprise so I did what any photographer would do and I decided to do a photo shoot with their three girls and give them memories that would last forever. I recruited their oldest daughter to help me devise a plan to get Martha out of the house for a few hours so I could sneak the girls away to shoot. Martha's parents were in on the surprise too and we were able to pull it off the day after Thanksgiving. My only concern was if the girls would be able to keep such a big secret for so long! 

These are the ones I framed for them: 

I think they almost spilled the beans a few times but overall it was a huge success. Martha & Jesse were super surprised and LOVED their gifts!! I was thrilled to be able to give them something that they will treasure forever because I am so grateful for them and all they've done for us. 

Here are a few more from the day:
 These girls are FULL of personality! In case you hadn't noticed.
 OH, and they're gymnasts too!
 

The shoot with the girls was a blast which I'm sure you can tell! I can't wait to do a family shoot next, hint, hint! :) You girls rocked it!!

mandi

1 comment:

Carrie McCray said...

What a great present! Such adorable kids!