May 14, 2013

Jacob's 1st Birthday!

I recently had the pleasure of shooting a first birthday party for this handsome guy:


 It was actually his second party (lucky duck had one in Hawaii the week before) and it was a traditional Korean party at a Chinese restaurant in Anaheim (awesome food btw). Dad is Korean and mom is Chinese so it was a nod to both sides of his heritage. He and mom wore traditional Korean attire and the party included a traditional Korean game, Doljabi.

 It was an intimate afternoon with family and friends, coming together to celebrate Jacob's first year. The family was so genuinely nice and made me (the hired help) feel so welcome. Everyone laughed and had a great time. I even discovered that Tracy (Jacob's mom) is from Hawaii too! Must be why we got along so well. The party was quick but I think I managed to get quite a few shots of the birthday boy...


  


 
 

Tracy, thank you so much for contacting me to photograph Jacob's party. I had such a great time with you and your family! Can't wait to meet your new little guy as well! 

mandi

1 comment:

Carrie McCray said...

went to a korean first bday party once. it was like a wedding!!